Urban planning and transport planning is at the heart of Mobycon’s work. Mobycon’s DACH-team focuses on Germany, Austria and Switzerland, with particular attention given to Germany. Our current priority is carrying out current project activities as well as the acquisition of new clients and partners, building up our capacity to support German authorities (and other clients) in realizing the Verkehrswende, especially by improving the conditions for walking and cycling.
Activities within the DACH-Team
The Mobycon DACH-team works on acquisition of German projects, largely focused on cycling, and is involved in carrying out tasks and activities for existing German projects. Find more on what we offer on the DACH-region market here.
Concrete activities you will be supporting us on as an intern:
50% of your time will be filled with:
- writing, creating, and developing layouts for German documents (for social media, proposals, reports, etc.)
- posting news and articles on Mobycon’s German website mobycon.eu and on social media
- collecting and analysing data
- supporting the activities of Mobycon’s DACH-region strategic manager
and the other 50% of your time will be filled with:
- advising and developing reports for German authorities (and other clients)
- contributing to projects in the DACH-region and other (inter-) national Mobycon projects
Requirements – Essential
- As much of our work takes place at a conceptual and strategic level, native speaking fluency in German (reading, writing, speaking) is essential.
- Knowledge of English is essential for working with colleagues outside the DACH-team.
- Willingness to move temporarily to the Netherlands for the duration of the internship
- Knowledge of the German mobility planning landscape
- An affinity for working as part of a multi-lingual, multi-national team
- Experience working with/within German municipal, regional or national authorities
- Familiarity with the following programs: Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator); ArcGIS (or other GIS software); Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of the Dutch language
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to learn new skills in Mobycon’s team
- The opportunity to network within the Netherlands and the DACH-region, especially Germany, as representative of a highly specialized mobility consultancy
- You will work at the cutting edge of planning for cycling and active mobility
- Renumeration of €300 – €450 (see above)
- A laptop if you do not have it yourself
- The possibility of travel within the Netherlands and neighbouring regions for business travel
- 2 days’ vacation per month
Application procedure/contact info
To express your interest in this opportunity with our team, please send your cv and cover letter in English to our Recruitement Team with ‘Intern DACH-team’ in the subject line.